Viewing and/or Printing Practice Exams:
See the Downloading ".pdf" files link for information on practice exam file format.
General Ground Rules for Midterm Exams:
- Your midterm exams will take place at your usual class time and place. You MUST take the exam at the assigned day and time! See the General course info link for the tentative dates for each midterm. More specific information will be announced a week or two before each midterm.
- Unless otherwise announced in class, the material covered by each midterm is indicated on the syllabus. (See the Course outline and reading assignments link.) All material covered in the lectures, readings, and other assignments is fair game for the test.
- You MUST bring to the exam ALL of the following:
- Two No.2 pencils
- An eraser
- A ruler
- Your PICTURE Student ID
- You MAY bring either of the following.
- A watch
- One 8.5"x11" sheet of notes, formulae, diagrams, etc. (Both sides.)
- Except for the notes sheet indicated, the exam is otherwise closed-book.
- Please note that handheld electronic devices--including calculators and cell phones--are NOT allowed in the exam room.
- You will have the full period to take the test. The exam will consist of 25 multiple choice questions. There is one and only one answer for each question. There is no penalty for guessing. (Hint: Don't leave any blank!)
- There will be multiple versions of the exam, printed on different colors of paper. Suffice it to say that there is nothing to be gained from looking at anyone else's paper--and a lot to lose!!
- Sample copies of old exams are posted on the links above.